Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hungover Myself

My eyelids are wet curtains 
They struggle to lie over my exhausted pupils
My bed is beckoning, but I am fleeing my dreams
Soaking in the day’s desolate scenes
Listening to the nothingness of my home
My apartment is silent and soiled

The lust to clean lost long ago
Does anybody miss me as I sit in stillness here alone?
Last night the Devil joined me for dinner
We laughed over whiskey and made plans for death in winter

My ambition drowned last night in a sea of distilled spirits
As I incessantly sipped the sweet bottle with sentence
And the fire of passion ceased to burn; no more
Forever I have felt so much more than my brothers whom I adore
They spite me and whisper their mocking so elegantly

Yes I am weak; yes I am locked inside the cellar door
Its cold and full of broken mirrors
My feet are bare and I walk softly, but footprints of blood show my trail
Sometimes I look back and scrub myself off the floor
But my cuts are cavernous and the puddles… profound

Help me sleep and not dream my Angel
You see me pathetically fucking myself
Over and over again milking myself dry
To kill the pain inside
For a mere moment I can just “be”.

-Mr W







No comments:

Post a Comment